You're like my personal brand of heroin..
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You're like my personal brand of heroin..

A 18+ Twilight Roleplay Site

Home  Promo  Search  Latest images  Register  Log in  
Please join us on our forum RP site. We look forward to having you but please remember this is 18+ and quality posts are expected.
Please remember to check your Junk Mail and add us to your safety list!

Just Bad Luck

Go down 
+9
Alec
Rosalie Hale
Jacob Black
Carlisle Cullen
Emmett Cullen
Jasper Hale
Bella Cullen
Edward Cullen
Alice Cullen
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice Cullen
Admin
Alice Cullen

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:06 pm

I was rearranging the living room while Edward was teaching Renesmee a new song on the piano. Esme and Carlisle were in the kitchen preparing some food for Renesmee and Jacob -- who was lounging on the couch. Bella, Emmett and Rosalie were sitting on the other couches and chairs and Emmett and Bella were playfully bickering as usual while Bella glanced back at Edward and their daughter every other second.

I took down a glass vase from a shelf and had a painting in my hand -- ready to put it up there when it hit me.

I watched Aro nod his head and throw down two pieces of paper before the scene changed to the twins flicking their hoods up together. Aro, Marcus, and Caius along with their entire guard walk through a familiar part of the woods. I see them stop outside our house. The scene switches again and I come to the horrid conclusion that they are already leaving Volterra. The scene switches to the two pieces of paper having a picture of Bella and Edward and the other of myself.

I gasp when the vision ends and I let go of the the things I'm holding. The vase shatters around my feet and the picture cracks on the hardwood floor.

I blink, slowly, and in an instant Jasper is at my side, "What is it, Alice?"

I inhale a shaky breath and my eyes meet with Edward's who picks Renesmee up and is at Bella's side in another moment. My brother frowns and, for a second, I see fear in his eyes.

The room is quiet, all eyes on me.

"The Volturi are coming. They are leaving Volterra. Now. Aro must have kept his decisions hidden from me until they were leaving..." I trail off, unable to continue. I clutch at Jasper's shirt in hopes to keep myself sane with these facts.

"So that he would have the element of surprise and know we wouldn't have time to prepare or gather anyone to help us," Edward finishes for me.

The room goes deadly quiet, everyone not breathing except for Jacob and Renesmee.
Back to top Go down
Edward Cullen

Edward Cullen

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:33 pm

I chuckled as Renesmee hit the wrong key but I politely pointed it out to her and she didn't make that mistake again when we started the piece over. My daughter was now older and she was nearing her age of maturity -- it had been five years since she was born and she would soon reach her proper age of maturity in about two.

Everyone was relaxed around the room and Alice was humming to herself and she yet again did something more with the livingroom -- that vampire was never satisfied with anything.

I had almost everyone's thoughts to a dull hum except Alice's. I always kept hers the loudest in my mind because I never know when she'll have a vision.

Like right now.

I stopped playing the piano mid-song and I barely had time to catch Renesmee's frown when I tuned into Alice's vision, turning my head slightly towards my sister as I watched with her.

After it was over and the glass was broken, I picked Renesmee up and was at Bella's side, sitting right beside her on the couch. I threw my arm around my mate's shoulders and pulled her close. Jacob immediately came over to sit beside Renesmee who sat on the other side of Bella. He reached over and held her hand.

After what seems like an eternity of silence, Alice speaks again, "And...I think the reason he is coming is for Bella, Edward, and I. In the vision he held our pictures."

I close my eyes, remembering those pictures -- seeing mine and Bella's picture clutched in his filthy hands and sweet Alice's face in the picture being stroked by his long finger. I shake my head quickly, trying to ban those pictures and then I begin to read the others' thoughts, wanting to know how they feel about everything.

Everyone was essentially scared. They didn't like the fact that Aro was giving them no time and bringing the entire guard with them. Everyone was worried for their mate but also for our entire family.

I was worried for my wife. There was no way Aro would take Bella from me. If anything, I would go with him. Bella would have to stay here for the sake of our daughter. However, I knew from last time that Aro wanted Bella almost as much as he wanted Alice. Last time him and Volturi visited we were fine because we had witnesses with us and Bella had her shield and I read his thoughts just as they were leaving -- he considered Bella a great prize. No way in hell was he going to get her. Ever.
Back to top Go down
Bella Cullen
Admin
Bella Cullen

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 12:00 am

"Oh, get over it!" I roll my eyes at Emmett on the couch. Even after five years, he still isn't over the lost arm wrestling match between us.

I nudge him and laugh with him as he twirls a strand of Rosalie's perfect blonde hair around his finger. I listen to the amazing melody coming from the piano my husband and daughter are playing at.

Suddenly the painting and vase Alice was rearranging clash to the ground. Everyone's head immediately whips to her direction. Jasper has his book down and is by her side in less than a second.

"What is it, Alice?" he asks with intense concern. Edward swoops Renesmee into his arms and is sitting next to me, pulling me to him in another second.

No, no, no... I think to myself. It was obvious Alice had an unpleasant vision. Which could- for her, Jazz, and Edward to have reactions like that- only mean one thing.

"The Volturi are coming." Alice continues to tell us they've already left. Aro was keeping his decisions secret. Edward finishes her confirmations, telling us he's done this so we have no time to plan, to gather.

"....Bella, Edward, and I. In the vision he held our pictures."

NO! I scream in my mind. Not Edward. Not both of us. Renesmee...

Jacob now sits on the floor near us three and holds my daughter's hand. I stare at the floor, eyes wide in horror. In the back of my mind I briefly wonder what Jasper is feeling from everyone.

"How long..." I get out, looking up to meet Edward's eyes. His expression reflects mine, I see, as I spot myself in his eyes. Fear flickers in his golden irises, but is taken over by strength, by....hope?

It was a stupid yet rational question- though they were on their way to it gave us little time, we still must have some, to come up with something.

Alice's fingers have intertwined into Jasper's vest, and I'm afraid she is about to tear it off completely when he catches her hand and pulls her entire body against his, murmuring in her ear.

I wait for one of them to answer me and squeeze Edward's hand so tightly I'm afraid he's in pain, when Renesmee puts a hand to my cheek, worried.

The Volturi- mainly Aro- clouds her thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Jasper Hale

Jasper Hale

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:46 pm

"He won't take you, Alice," I murmur in my mate's ear as I hold her impossibly close to my body. Her breathing is shaky as she stares into space.

"If that's what it comes to, I'm going with you." She finally looks up at me with huge, fearful eyes, eyes that have darkened in the golden color.

"No," she whispers.

"A day, possibly two," I hear Edward answer Bella's question in a low voice.

"Yes." I say firmly to Alice. I follow that woman no matter where she goes. She is mine, and I am hers. As much as it killed me, I knew how powerless I was against Aro. If he really, really wanted her...I knew he could take her, despite the fight inside me for my love.

"All three of you...?" Esme asks in a voice that makes my heart shatter more. Esme, poor Esme....

I suddenly am aware of the various emotions in the room. Fear is dominant. Hope radiates off only a few of us.

In my peripheral vision, I see Bella nod slowly and sadly, with Renesmee's hand against her cheek.

That small dosage of hope I felt gives me a bit of hope. This may not be so bad. No matter what happens....

Right?

"Alright, we have to begin thinking and planning. Now." I say. No use in just standing or sitting around. I put my hands on either side of Alice's perfect face and stare into her eyes.

"What do you see, Alice? Anything else?"
Back to top Go down
Emmett Cullen

Emmett Cullen

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 8:03 pm

"It's not like you're gonna be stronger than me forever." Bella rolled her eyes at me. "Oh, get over it!" She nudged me and we laughed. I would never forget that, how could I? Until now, they tease me about it.

I played with Rosalie's hair as she runs her hands on my back in circles with a smile. How perfect, her face, her hair, her eyes, her lips...oh those lips, and those cheeks. She chuckled and tapped her fingers on my back, waking me up from my daydream of her. I shook my head slightly looking at the ground and she kissed my cheek. "Sorry, woke you up." I smiled widely now, my dimples deepening. I always love how Rosalie can tell whenever I daydream about her.

And the shattering glass sound woke all of us and we all looked at the same direction. Alice . Jasper was by her side in an instant, slightly shaking her and asking her what's wrong. The look on her face says that something really is wrong. She started explaining. Edward held Bella and Renesmee tight. My Rosalie and I were frozen, her hand on my waist and my hand resting on the armrest and the other entwined in hers.

"...Bella, Edward, and I. In the vision he held our pictures." I managed to swallow air and I faced Rosalie, fear and sadness in her eyes as she met mine. This doesn't make sense. After all these years, what possible reason could they have. We've been the same. Nessie is not a problem, why would my brother and sisters get in trouble? The thought of it made me clench my fist slightly. There was a movement, Rosalie's hand that was on my waist climbed up to the back of my neck as she winced. I didn't realize the fist that I clenched was the hand that was entwined in hers. I faced her and whispered, "Sorry." She smiled sadly, nodding. I relaxed my hand on hers, rubbing circles on her hand as we look at each other in the eyes.

"He won't take you, Alice." Jasper comforted Alice. "If that's what it comes to, I'm going with you." My head snapped at Jasper and so did Alice and everyone else. "No." And I shook my head slightly, looking on the ground. Rosalie rubbed her palm at the back of my neck. I can't believe this. This couldn't be happening. Not again.

"All three of you...?" if Esme could cry, she could've shred some tears right now. Of course all of us can't believe what's going on.

"What do you see, Alice? Anything else?" Jasper stared at Alice's eyes as Alice drifted off to her visions.

"Edward, what did you see? Any possible reason? A valid reason?" I raised my head and looked at Edward when Rosalie asked him.

I could see Edward clenched his jaw and looks at Bella and Renesmee, then shrugged at Rosalie. Sometimes it's hard to tell with Edward, you don't know if he really doesn't know or he's just hiding it. I let out an audible sigh and Rosalie rubbed circles on my neck with her thumb and kisses my shoulder then leans on me.

This is crap.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Admin
Alice Cullen

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 11:49 pm

I try to glimpse the future again but I see nothing. Aro and the guard must be keeping their minds heavily guarded. I have no idea where they are now -- only that they are on their way. I don't know how this is going to go down. Absolutely no idea.

I stared, wide-eyed at Jasper. For the first time in a long time, I finally feel something I haven't felt since I was a human.

"I don't see anything," I whisper, knowing my entire family can hear me, "I don't know the outcome to this. I...I'm frightened." I clutch at Jasper's shirt, keeping him against my body. I examine his face in close detail as I've done many, many times before.

Should some of us leave? At least Carlisle and Esme and Emmett and Rose? Jacob could take Renesmee away from the Volturi and the remaining four of us could go with the Volturi. I couldn't stand it if anyone else was killed in our family because of me--

"Don't even think it, Alice," Edward's sharp tone cuts me off from my thoughts.

I don't look at him but I could almost hear his hold tighten on Bella and his daughter.

"What was she thinking? What was your idea, Alice? Maybe it could help us," Bella said, eager to hear some sort of solution. I believed everyone else wanted to hear it, too.

I speak my thoughts, turning to look at my family. "What if you all of you go away from us -- I'm talking to you Emmett, Rose, Esme, Carlisle and Jacob could take Renesmee and yes, you too, Jasper." I turn to my mate and put a finger to his lips before he can protest. "The three that Aro does want would stay here and try and talk with the Volturi but I would rather just give in to him if he dares to go after the rest of you. I couldn't bear the thought of any of you dying for me. I can't see the outcome of this and I'm truly frightened but I couldn't stand it if you all were killed because Aro wanted Edward, Bella, and I. You know what Chelsea can do to relationships and Jasper, if you came with us, Chelsea could easily destroy our relationship and you know how much that would kill us both. I would rather you be safe."

The room is in shocked silence before the storm of protests erupt.
Back to top Go down
Edward Cullen

Edward Cullen

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 12:17 am

"Are you out of your mind, Alice?" Esme says, completely in shock. She clutches at Carlisle's hand but takes a step towards her adopted daughter.

I read Alice's thoughts, looking up at her. I agreed with her on almost every part. It was only three of us that Aro wanted and I would prefer to see the rest of my family safe -- especially my daughter. Heck, even I would even want Bella out of here if she weren't one of the reasons for Aro coming.

I watch Emmett rise from his chair, frowning, hands balled into fists and mutters in a low tone, "Now that is a crazy idea."

Emmett would hate to leave a possible fight with the Volturi but I would hate to see my brother killed as with the rest of my family. I watched Rosalie stand up, holding Emmett's arm.

"Alice is right. We don't know what is going to happen. I would prefer you all to be safe when they do get here," I say, tightening my hold on Bella.

"We could fight them," Jacob says, holding Renesmee's hand but stumbling to his feet, "the wolves would fight."

"I don't see that, though," Alice pipes up again as Jasper seems to have lost his voice -- complete shock for what Alice said to him.

I try to read my brother's thoughts but everything is a mass jumble of thoughts -- he's unsure what to think. The thought of him letting Alice go alone with the Volturi is the main issue inside his mind but he doesn't like any of it. At all.

"Jasper?" I call out to him, wanting him to speak his thoughts out loud for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Carlisle Cullen

Carlisle Cullen

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 5:02 pm

"Absolutely not." I said firmly, there was no way I was leaving any of my family behind to face the Volturi, not a cats chance in hell.

Esme clutched my bicep tightly, worry and fear etched on her beautiful face. I squoze her hand soothingly.

"Carlisle, its a hopeless fight." Bella sighed, still cuddled closely with Edward, Renesmee was now in Jacob's arms, who had rushed to her side.

"I will NOT leave any of you." my features were set resolutely. Jasper still hadn't found his voice. "Alice, you say you cannot see anything, correct?" Alice nodded, her eyes full of sadness.

"Jacob just said that the wolves would fight, I do not relish the idea if them fighting for us, but maybe that is why you cannot see the outcome. Maybe we have a chance. How many are coming?" I said, filled with a little more hope than I had been a minutr ago. Esme looked at me, considering the idea.

The silence cloaked us, and no one seemed to agree with my theory.

"Carlisle, you may be on to something there... " my bronze-haired son uttered, deep in thought.

"I don't know, Carlisle." Alice didn't seem convinced.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Black

Jacob Black

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 9:26 pm

I hold Renesmee tightly to my chest, her legs wrapped around my torso and stiff with fear and a little confusion. She understands the majority of it.

"He's onto something? Really?" I ask Edward. But he's trying to handle two or three, or four situations at once. Jasper is still stone, Carlisle's theory, Bella and his daughter's safety, and the entire general situation we've suddenly been thrown into.

"This goddamn Volturi," I mutter under my breath through clenched teeth. My grip tightens slightly on Nessie and I want to set her down for her own safety, in case I can't control my anger, but we're glued to each other. I can't put her down after what I've just heard.

I notice Bella glancing frantically from Edward to Nessie to Alice, gripping Edward's hand so tightly I'm surprised he isn't crippling from the pressure.

I look around with wide eyes at everyone. This is so angering and frustrating! What the hell are we going to do?! Impatience is growing on me.

"Okay, so, just out of the damn blue the Volturi want you three?" I gesture with my free hand to shorty, her brother, and my best friend.

"Like, so suddenly? Why didn't they come two years ago, or ten years from now, huh? Why now?" Their timing was just weird to me.

Edward looks at me with his brows furrowed. Did I give him some hint?

Everyone in the room, even Nessie, now look even more pensive than before. Trying to fit all these elements together.

Except Alice. She tugs on her mate's vest a bit, trying to get him out of his trance.

Back to top Go down
Jasper Hale

Jasper Hale

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 8:17 pm

I stare into Alice's golden irises, bright with fear. My jaw is tight and my body is frozen. The situation is finally, officially sinking in.

Aro is coming for Alice. The love of my life. Life itself. Her.

All confidence I once had to get a plan together disappears. I feel my breath quicken. Alice tugs my vest, wiling me to cope. In my peripheral vision, worried glances are thrown my way.

"Jasper?" I catch Edward's voice. Timing? I think as I hear Jacob's question. A million thoughts and possibilities are running through my head as I listen to my family suggest and put pieces together.

"...He's really coming for you...." I ask my mate through unmoving lips, so low it's barely audible; it would even be difficult for a vampire to catch it. The question doesn't come out sounding like a question, but a statement.

She performs a small movement that I dread- a very inconspicuous nod. It seems neither of us want to admit the truth.

I begin to thaw, and I gradually pull Alice against me as I continue to stare into her eyes. Her chest meets mine and I feel every centimeter of her petite body. My left arm wraps around her midsection and my right hand encases her head.

Where did it go? The hope? Alice and I are always about hope; ever since I met the woman, heard how she waited for me, I've believed in it. It has drained from me now...

I look over her head at Carlisle and Esme. I can feel my eyes are still wide, and briefly wonder if they'll ever go back to normal. Pain plasters both their features, but on Carlisle's, hope is there, too.

I look over to Edward and swallow hard as he tears his eyes away from Bella. A huge wave of excruciating possibility crashes over me when my eyes meet his. The possibility of Bella having to come with us.

I have never felt so scared in my life. I have been in multiple wars. This is not new to me; I should be vamping around the house, using every millisecond of time possible to prepare.

But instead I was a statue. It dawns on me that this is new to me.... This is not war. This will soon be my companion leaving. Not only will it be that, but also the place she will be going.

"And Bella and Edward," Alice whispers. Only a few seconds have gone by and my vampiric mind has come to all the realizations.

"Not Bella," my brother growls, and I hear his hold on his mate tighten even more. I tighten mine, too. Bella protests.

"So we fight!" Emmett suggests. His default resolution.

"We'll lose." I say in an emotionless tone. I know we will. I remember then how Edward and Carlisle were onto something involving war.

War was being mentioned the most in this entire conversation so far. With my being a former soldier in various wars, I should agree with Emmett. I should have faith. I should be prepping them now...

I hear Alice gasp quietly, interrupting my thoughts. I take her by the shoulders and stare at her. "What is it, Alice?"

In a couple of seconds, she blinks rapidly and meets my eyes as I come back into her focus.

"No," Edward gets out. His voice is disgruntled; a combination of a growl, snarl, strain, many things. Rosalie squeezes Emmett's shoulder and looks at her brother.

"What?" Esme and Jacob ask in unison, eyes wide.

Bella is suddenly beside me, staring at Alice. Her voice is low and threatening when she asks, lips barely moving, "Alice, what did you see?"

My love's eyes dart between her sister and I.

"She's become so clear," Alice says with a pained voice.

I can feel the known coming off of Bella. She already knows who she's talking about. But doesn't want to believe it. She clenches her teeth together harder (I hear), so hard I'm afraid they will begin cracking.

"Who."

I squeeze Alice's shoulders. She looks at me for a moment then turns her eyes back to Bella.

"Renesmee."

Back to top Go down
Emmett Cullen

Emmett Cullen

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 10:23 am

"So we fight!" That was the only thing I could think of. Of course they know that, I am a brawler even when I was human. But seriously, I am looking forward to a fight if that's the thing that would make them stop going for my family.

"We'll lose." Says the man who knows everything about war. Says the man who is willing to fight for his family. Says the man who keeps pushing us to have faith and hope. Says the man who will do everything to protect his wife. And now this? Just like that, two words.

Rosalie was beside me, her hand on my biceps and the other on my shoulder. The way she draws circles on my arm tells me she agrees with me. Of course she knows what I'm up to, she knows me.

"What is it, Alice?" Jasper took her by the shoulders and asked her so quick, I didn't even notice she was having a vision already. I was busy putting the puzzles together, asking the same question Jake had, why now?

"No." My head and Rosalie's snapped to Edward's direction as he spoke in between gritted teeth. Rosalie squeezed my shoulder as she watched her brother.

"What?" Esme and Jake asked at the same time. Bella moved to Alice's side and asked her. "Alice, what did you see?"

Our brows furrowed as Alice looked at Jasper then at Bella

"She's become so clear," Alice said it like she doesn't want to say it in the first place.

"Who." Bella spoke in between gritted teeth.

"Renesmee."

I clenched my fists and Rosalie runs her hand down to place her hand on top of mine while the other hand caresses my shoulder.

"What?!" Jacob immediately snapped back as he held Renesmee closer. He looked at Edward with a creased forehead and Edward clenched his jaw in return.

"What are you talking about?" Jacob continued as he faced Alice. "What do you mean by she's become so clear? What.did.you.see.Alice?" He said it slowly, slightly leaning forward with Renesmee in his arms. Renesmee squirmed a bit and we knew she can understand, just how much she understands is the question. Jacob looked at Renesmee and bounces her lightly then looked at Alice back, waiting for an answer.

"So, what now? You, "I said gesturing at Alice, "Bella and Edward--plus Renesmee?" I gestured to each one as well then scoffs at the end. "Who's next, huh?" I said, nodding towards Alice. I'm now furious--not at Alice but at the thought of them being in danger. Rosalie hushed me, calming me down cause I might be scaring Alice or Renesmee with my voice.

"Alice, tell us. What did you see?" Jasper rubbed his thumbs on her shoulders as he gazed into her eyes. Alice stared at him with eyes that doesn't show the cheerful Alice. But an Alice who isn't sure about what will happen.

One thing is in doubt--hope.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Black

Jacob Black

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 9:26 pm

I'm in utter shock. The Volturi wants Nessie, my Nessie?! I'm filled with confusion and feel useless standing around here. I want to move.

I look at Nessie and her face is composed with fear, her big brown eyes filling with a million questions. Her forehead is creased with worry.

"You're going to be okay, Nes," I say in a low voice, swallowing as I stare at her. "No one is laying a finger on you."

Bella and Edward move like cartoons and are in front of me suddenly, murmuring to their daughter with me, caressing her face and hair and hands.

"We need to begin preparations," Carlisle steps forward with Esme's hand in his. "Despite whatever Alice has seen, we don't have much time."

Emmett and Rosalie nod in agreement. The bear looks like he's ready for a fight.

"Please tell me, Alice..." Jasper pleads with her. She looks like she's still having a vision. I wonder what she's seeing...

I look up from Alice and Jasper and meet Edward's eyes. Of course- he's still watching it with her. And he must've read my mind just now.

His head shakes ever so slightly and his bottom lip sort of quivers. I feel my brow furrow with curiosity and stress. What in the hell is going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Admin
Alice Cullen

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 1:33 am

I watched the vision unfold, knowing Edward would be watching with me. I blinked and looked at my mate. Listening to the worried voices around me, asking what was wrong, I finally turn to them and explain.

"I saw Aro staring at Renesmee in my vision. It was very brief but I don't think it means what you all think it means," I say, my voice ringing around the room. I look at Edward and continue, "I don't think he would have any purpose for Renesmee," I force a half-smile at Ness, "You do possess a nice gift, Ness, but I don't think it would contribute to Aro's guard."

I hear Jacob breathe a short sigh of relief and Bella does the same. Edward, along with the rest of my family, holds their breath, waiting to see what else I have to tell them. I know Edward already knows what I saw, but waits for me to assess it.

"I think Aro is just interested in Renesmee as she is one of the first actually born vampires he's ever met. He might just be wanting to check up on her and see if she really is dangerous," I keep my hands stiff at my sides as I look at my mate and then continue to address everyone, "Aro is keeping his thoughts insanely guarded as are the rest of the guards. However, I think they will be here sooner than we think."

I then think it's time for me to do the hardest thing I can think of, I pull away from Jasper. If Aro is coming to get me, I need to not allow him the chance to take Jasper. If I somehow manage to let Jasper think that I can't...I almost shudder at my though...be with him anymore, then that will save him at least. I hear Edward whisper in a low, strained voice at my thoughts, "Alice...". I don't look at him nor do I look at my mate. I take a step away from Jasper, feel the pull of his arms and the comfort of his embrace. I need to try and do this. I need to try and save my family. I can't let Aro take Bella and Edward -- their daughter needs them. Charlie also needs Bella.

"We need to get ready. Jacob, fetch your pack and speak with Sam," I turn my golden gaze to Jake, "The Volturi will be outside our house tomorrow. Bella, Edward and Ness, go to Charlie and get him and Sue out town the quickest way possible. Buy them a surprise trip somewhere far and for quite a lengthy amount of time. Emmett, Rosalie, Jasper, Carlisle, Esme, training."

Everyone, minus Jasper, nods slowly. I watch them carefully until they were finally breathing and standing up.

"Alice," Jasper said to me, anxious. I take another breath before I stare at him, hands clenched at my sides. I frown, faking anger.

Edward, I say in my thoughts, don't tell him anything no matter what. This is for the better.

"Jasper," I say, pronouncing his name fully and clearly, "I need to focus on keeping all of you safe and you need to help our family prepare for fighting the Volturi if it comes to that. I've been thinking about this for a while and I just...need to have my space. I need to go discover who I am without you interfering and distracting me. I want to know my past as a human and maybe I still have distant relatives alive. I need you to stay here with my family, especially if we somehow make it through the Volturi alive, and you need to protect them. I've seen more of my future and I know," I pause and realize that I've been holding my breath during this. I let it out and say my final words to him," I know, Jasper, that you are not in my future."
Back to top Go down
Jasper Hale

Jasper Hale

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 10:40 pm

I feel like I'm falling from the empire state building...or submerged in a deep sea...or in a dream or nightmare, though I haven't dreamt for more than a century. Nothing feels real. I don't feel myself.

Alice's last words become disoriented and echoed. "...you are not in my future."

I stand there dazed, searching her eyes for something, anything else but this truth. She doesn't look at me directly.

"Alice..." My lips form her name in a barley audible voice. I finally move from my stance as a statue, slowly moving a hand towards her. The pixie takes a step back from me.

"I cannot be with you right now, Jasper." She says, anger rising in her voice. Darkening irises looking at the floor. Fists clenched by her sides, the tendons straining. "I can't have you tying me down. I need to find myself. And you need to protect them."

I feel my neck come to life, moving my head from side to side gradually. This can't be happening... My breath quickens on its own, nerves taking over.

I force my vocals to project a tad louder. "Alice, please... Could we talk about this...?"

The beautifully angry woman before me finally meets my eyes. I can see her jaw is clenched, whereas mine remains slacked in shock and pain.

"I don't need you."

My eyelids shut as I am- metaphorically- slapped in the face, my heart shattering. I feel my chest begin to shake with sobs, but I don't dare release the sound.

I try to stand still again; I feel like I'm having a panic attack. Open your eyes. Look at her, I think to myself.

I whip my eyes open and purse my lips, unsure of how to respond to such agonizing words. I take a deep breath and stare at Alice, who is again concentrated on the floor.

"And this...this will make you happy?" My voice is down in audibility again, and shaky. Alice nods once, stiffly.

My teeth chatter suddenly, and I clench them together hard.

"But Alice..." Carlisle's voice suddenly brings me back to my surroundings. I look around numbly at my family, who stares in shock at us.

"I can't do this, Carlisle!" Alice screeches. I jump back a bit, startled at her outburst. Not once have I ever heard her use such a tone, such a voice with our father figure.

Edward's face is twisted into an expression of pain and shock I cannot even begin to describe. Bella blinks rapidly and lines crease her forehead with worry, her lips ready to form the word "what."

Everyone else.... Emmett, Rosalie, Esme, Jacob, Renesmee... Simply shock. Dumbfounded.

"Start getting ready." Alice's voice is cold and demanding as she turns on her heel to address everyone. "Now. We don't have long."

I swallow and take in the emotions around me. Surprise and shock and pain.... So much of it from everyone. But pain radiates off of one person the most in particular, along with agony and regret and sorrow.

And that's Alice.

Back to top Go down
Edward Cullen

Edward Cullen

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:44 am

I hold my daughter and wife to me and I allow Jake to stand with us. I stare and watch the vision unfold with Alice about Renesmee. It angers me to watch Aro looking at my daughter in Alice's mind. The vision was over within seconds but it gave us enough information. Alice explained her vision to the family and tried to unpack it and figure out what it meant.

Afterwards, I listened to Alice's direction of thoughts and I did not like where they were going. I watched my dear sister, furrow her brow as she thought out different things. She wanted to push Jasper away because she knew she would be going with the Volturi. She wanted to end the repeated cycles of the Volturi frightening us by coming here and putting us in danger. She knew that Bella and I couldn't possibly go with the Volturi because of our daughter. I automatically tightened my hold on Bella and Renesmee at that point.

I whispered her name towards her, almost growling. I loved but hated what my sister was about to do to my brother. It would simply crush him.

She finally breathes out and steps away from her mate. I cringe.

She tells us what we all need to do and I nod once when she looks at Bella and I.

Then, after silently pleading with me to not tell him, she does it. I would never tell Jasper for her sake. She knew what needed to happen. Alice turns her back on Jasper and tells the rest of us to get ready. I stare at the pixie as does the rest of the room. We are all silent.

I zip around the thoughts of the rest of my family.

Jacob: What the hell, shortie?
Esme: This isn't happening. This is NOT happening. Poor, poor Jasper.
Carlisle: My daughter really is doing this? Why is she causing all of us pain?
Rosalie: Does she even know what this will do to Jasper?
Emmett: Alice...no...don't do this to him.
Renesmee: Why? Why now out of all this time?

And finally, Jasper: Agony, regret, sorrow....Alice, please, don't do this to me. Alice...no...

I stop listening. I can't take this pain anymore. I tune them all out, trying to think for myself. We needed to get Charlie out of here but I can't let anyone, especially Jasper, think that I know what Alice is up to. I silently promised my sister and I would stick to it, despite how much it would hurt my family.

I look at Jacob who appears to be stunned.

"Go get the packs, Jacob," I whisper in a low voice. He turns his dazed expression from Alice to me and slowly shakes his head, as if he is trying to shake himself awake from the shock.

I dip my head to whisper in Bella's ear in a low voice, "Your father, Bella. You can speak to Alice later. We need to move."

"You heard Edward, everyone, get moving," the pixie snaps at us before she turns on her heel and vanishes out of the house and into the woods.

Everyone pauses and stares at Jasper who looks, wide-eyed, at the floor.

"Jasper..." Esme vamps forward and hugs him tightly.

Edward, Emmett's voice sounds in my head and I meet my brother's golden gaze, how are we supposed to deal with Jasper and get ready at the same time? He's in no shape to help us in any way.

I shrug, ever so slightly, so that only Emm would see it. I have no clue. We will just have to give him his time to deal with it while we get ready for the Volturi who are coming tomorrow.

Tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Bella Cullen
Admin
Bella Cullen

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:32 pm

Esme vamps to Jasper once Alice stomps out of the house, into the forest to do who knows what kind of preparation...or to just clear her mind.

Jasper is a statue once again, except his chest, which heaves rapidly. He fails to respond to his mother figure's embrace.

Edward's words come back to me. Charlie. He's right; we have to move despite what just occurred. I turn to Jacob and squeeze his arm.

"Jacob, go and get them ready." My voice is low and strained. He looks at me, still in shock. I look him in the eyes. "We're all shaken up, Jacob. But we have to go. We have to go..."

My voice sounds like I'm talking more to myself than anyone, like I'm trying to reassure myself. I realize how little time we have.

My arms automatically take Renesmee out of Jacob's arms. "Come on, baby..." I walk to the door and look back at Edward, only to find he was right on my heels.

"You're still coming with us?" I didn't know if he wanted to continue following Alice's instructions or instead stay and help everyone else- especially Jasper.

Edward nods with a whispered "of course" and turns back to Jacob, looking like he forgot something. He vamps to him and squeezes his shoulder. "Get going, Jake."

Jacob closes his mouth and nods, finally responding normally. He comes up to us and stops to touch Nessie's hair, meeting her eyes, before he sprints out the door and into the woods, transforming before our eyes.

Edward strides back to us, looking at Jasper. "Jasper." His eyes lift slowly, deadly from the floor. There is no life to my brother.

"We have to get going." Edward's voice is firm and stern, but I can hear the compassion underneath. Jasper nods once, a very slow, lifeless nod.

I open the door as Edward's hand finds the small of my back, leading us out. The three of us are in the Volvo in two seconds. I'm behind the wheel.

I reverse the car out and am on the highway in no time. Edward and I reach for the other's hand simultaneously, and we intervene them before resting our arms in the middle.

"Why does Auntie Alice hate Uncle Jasper now?" Renesmee speaks up from the backseat. I glance at my daughter in the rearview mirror as my heart breaks a little bit at her innocence.

"They don't hate each other, sweetheart," I say in a quiet voice that quivers slightly and shake my head as I look back to the road. "They're both just really stressed out right now."

Edward looks at me. His eyebrows are furrowed with pain and his bottom lip trembles so slightly, I probably wouldn't have noticed it, had I been human. His golden irises burn.

"Hey, hey..." I mumble and take my hand out of his to caress his cheek. "We're going to be okay. We're all going to be okay. Okay?" I turn to the back and squeeze Nessie's hand. "Okay?"

Renesmee's chocolate brown eyes bore into mine and she nods. I nod with her and send her a small grin of reassurance before turning back to the road... Well, mainly Edward.

He swallows and I massage his hand in mine. I look in his eyes and ask, "Do you know why Alice made such a decision? What was she thinking?" Edward actually looks tired as he meets my eyes again. He shakes his head slowly and says, almost strained, "I didn't hear anything from her."

I continue to stare into his eyes, searching. He rips them away from me and looks out the window. I turn back to the road and know something is going on. He is keeping something from me- he and Alice are.

This isn't the first time it has happened. As a human they were constantly keeping secrets from me; but it was to protect me. Edward must feel my suspicion, or something off of the sort, because he turns and attempts a grin at me, and squeezes my hand.

I offer a small grin in return and finally pull into Charlie's driveway. Though it isn't necessary, I feel I must take a deep breath before I even get out. We have to look like the happy little family we usually are.

"Alright, everyone put smiles on."

Back to top Go down
Jasper Hale

Jasper Hale

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 6:54 pm

I can feel Esme's stare. I can feel her emotions. I know Emmett, Rosalie, and Carlisle are staring. My body feels heavy like lead.

"Jasper..." My brother steps forward and places a hand on my shoulder. "I'm really sorry, but everyone's right. We don't have that much time."

I let his words sink in. He's right. I have to move. Even though my love, my life, my other half, my wife...just...broke up? divorced me?....I have to move.

But why? What other reason is there to even go on now?
Your family, of course. Move for your family.
My family doesn't need me to survive. I'm useless.
You're not useless. You know the war tactics; go and teach them!
I already taught them a few years ago to prepare for that newborn army.
Their minds need to be refreshed. And you didn't teach them everything.
Who cares?
Alice does. You felt her, Jasper. She did not just feel anger- she felt more than that, and you know it. She is doing this to you for a reason.

As I contemplated with myself in my mind like a crazy person, I could subconsciously feel my family grow more anxious at my not responding.

I realize that maybe I was right- maybe Alice was doing this for a reason. I think about how much she loved me. She couldn't have let me go. She can't....But maybe she did mean it. Maybe I'm not good for her. I don't know what to think.

Only a few short seconds have passed in reality when I conclude with myself: I have to keep hope. That's all I can do. Hope that she doesn't mean this, hope that she will soon come back to me. Alice was the reason I ever experienced the emotion of hope; and now she is the reason I'm going to keep it.

I finally lift my eyes from the floor and spin around, startling Emmett. I am not fully alive, and I am most definitely not happy, but I am motivated. I'm motivated to protect my family, and by the hope that I'm holding in my head and heart. And I'm motivated to protect Alice. Whether she loves me or not, I will stand by that woman as always.

I nod once. "Okay. Let's get training." I vamp to the door and open it, waiting with my other arm behind my back, for the remnants of my family to exit into the front yard.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Admin
Alice Cullen

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:33 am

I can't look at him. I can't do it. I spit my words out at the floor, not wanting any of the hurtful things to meet his ears. But I know they have to. If I am to go through with this plan, I need him to believe it. Need to believe that I really don't want him.

I yell at him a few moments more and tell everyone to prepare before I really can't take it anymore. I vamp out of the house and into the woods. I run far, to the border of our territory. I climb the tallest tree and sit there. Of course, I can still faintly hear them and I am pleased to hear Jasper helping the family prepare for a possible battle. Of course, I know that this will not be happening. I have my plan and it will go through. I know it will.

I knew Edward would keep my promise. He would. Him and I always have our way of communicating without letting the others know. We've been very skilled at it.

My shoulders begin to shake as my mind begins to realize what crazy thing I have done. What horrible thing I have done to my one and only. I have never wanted to cry so much as I have right now. I bring my legs up to my chest as I sit on this tree branch and wrap my arms around my legs, hugging myself, trying to keep myself together.

I gasp in a sob, my golden gaze looking out over the tree tops. I bend my head to rest it on my knees. I sob again, wishing I could cry.

"Jasper," I whisper to myself, squeezing my eyes shut, "Jasper, I am so very sorry. I'll always love you."

This is for the better I know it is. It has to be, at least. I can't have Jasper come with me to the Volturi. It would be too hard for him. I wouldn't be able to see him become one of them with red eyes. I would be able to stand it long enough but he wouldn't.

But what if this was the wrong move? What if he was killed trying to get me away from the Volturi? What if I was messing everything up? My chest tightened at the thought of him dead. No. Never. It wouldn't happen. I would have seen it.

I raise my head at these thoughts just as another vision hits me. I gasp in shock when I blink out of it. I'm glad to be out of Edward's radius.

I bring my hands up and cover my face. I thought I would be the only one going with Aro but it seems that wouldn't be the case.

I sob again as my heart continues to break not only for my mate but for Edward and Renesmee.
Back to top Go down
Carlisle Cullen

Carlisle Cullen

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 2:54 pm

I stare in utter shock and disbelief as my wife leaves my arms to comfort my son. How could Alice do this? Of all the times to inflict more pain on her husband, and indeed all of us too.

Jasper is still, not reacting to Esme's hug. His eyes are glazed and staring, I overt my eyes. How could this be happening?

I would NOT let the Volturi hurt my family. We have to sort this out... We can do it... No, we can't. It is hopeless.

Bella, Jacob, Edward and Renesmee have all gone, just Esme, Jasper, Emmett, Rosalie and myself remain in the house.

"We should start preparing." I say, interrupting the painful silence that was hanging in the air. Esme turns to me, nodding.

"We should."she vamps to my side, taking my arm once again. I kiss her forehead comfortingly, but which one of us I w trying to comfort I wasn't sure.

I couldn't bring myself to ask Jasper to do anything right now, I would have to wait until he was ready.

"Let's go outside and practice." I say, but I don't move. Emmett looks at me, his fists closing and his face setting in determination.

"Come on then." He says, taking Rosalie's hand and walking towards the door.
Back to top Go down
Jasper Hale

Jasper Hale

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:21 pm

I am outside with my family, coldly explaining to them moves of defense. I demonstrate with each of them, and have them practice with each other.

They do quite well, each serious and focused. At one point, I swear I'm going insane when I faintly hear my name. I set my eyes towards the forest and look around sharply. Silence.

Hold it together, Jasper, I think to myself. Just hold it together until this is over.

It is after midnight. Everyone has returned. Charlie and Sue are safe. The pack sleeps outside our home, each of them transformed- except Jacob. They arrived with him not long after I began training, and I taught them as well.

My beautiful niece sleeps on our couch, her head in Bella's lap. Edward hovers over them both, his hands moving comfortingly on his wife's shoulders as he admires the two.

Jacob sits at Bella's feet, watching Renesmee sleep. I've been concentrating on sending waves of sleepiness and relaxation towards him, trying to get the melatonin to release from his brain, but he refuses to give in.

Alice sits on the stairs with her knees hugged to her chest. She watches each of us closely. She feels nervous and sad... I plant my feet firmly to the floor and hold my hands behind my back to restrain myself from vamping over there and wrapping my arms around her.

Carlisle and Esme stand, wrapped in each other's embrace. "Jacob, you really should get some sleep to prepare," my adoptive mother suggests. He insists he will later.

Emmett and Rosalie share a recliner, my sister partially on Emm's lap. I can hear the fabric of her blouse ruffle softly under his fingers as he rubs her back.

It's been silent for some time now, each one of us lost in our own thoughts.

"...I doubt it will come to a physical fight," Alice breaks the silence, her voice dead. Edward turns his head and gives her a sympathetic look.

"I don't see how it can. They're just coming to check on Nes." Jake pitches in.

"You never know with the Volturi," Emmett says darkly.

"Do you think they'll see us as too much of a threat? With the wolves?" Bella asks. Her voice quivers slightly with worry as she runs her fingers through Nessie's curls.

"They won't." Alice spits. "And even if they did, they can't blame us. If anything they will be flattered we have extra protection. Make them feel more powerful." My wife's (yes, I continue to consider her my wife until she- god forbid- legally...di...divorces...me..) voice is cold with a tint of anger.

I sigh inaudibly to myself. The Volturi will be here in a short time. But nothing feels real again. Time feels frozen. I feel lost... I need Alice by my side. I need my wife.
Back to top Go down
Edward Cullen

Edward Cullen

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 12:38 am

It's easy to fake being happy when one is a vampire. You can fool any human and vampires when we flash a perfect smile at them.

That's what it felt like when we walked up the stairs to Charlie's house. I could hear his thoughts about Sue and I could hear her happy thoughts bubbling about him.

Before we left our car, I had made quick phone calls to another state where we knew Charlie loved to go fishing at. We booked a plane for him and Sue and then everything was set.

My wife, daughter and I each had our happy, wide smiles on. I had my hand on Bella's back as she knocked on the door before walking in.

"Dad?" my wife's breezy voice called out. To the human's ears, she would sound cheerful but I could hear the twinge of dread mingled in her voice.

"Bells?" He replied, "We're in the living room." Of course, all of us already knew that. We heard their heartbeats a mile from the house.

We made our way there and found the two sitting on couch, hands entwined.

I nod at them, making my smile wider.

"Dad, we would like to send you and Sue off on a surprise fishing trip. Everything is booked and your plane leaves at six," my wife said, walking over to her father and giving a hug and kiss on the cheek. Renesmee did the same to Charlie and Sue.

After complains from Charlie, sighs, and dazzling smiles from us three, it was finally done and Sue was upstairs packing Charlie's suitcase.

We decided to visit with the two until they had to leave for their plane. I slid into the driver's seat of my Volvo and reached for my mate's hand.

We watched Charlie's tailights disappear before we made our way back to our house.

We were all in the living room and it was just past midnight. I was glad for it, too. I needed all my family to be here before tomorrow would be the deciding day with the Volturi.

We didn't have any time to prepare any help from our friends who would be willing to help fight the Volturi. Tomorrow would be a very interesting.

My eyes flashed back and forth between Jasper and Alice. It was weird seeing them separate. I hated seeing my brother so upset but I wouldn't break my promise to Alice.

I moved my hands over Bella's shoulders, standing stiff behind her. I tried to keep my thoughts out of everyone's head except Alice's. I was reading her thoughts constantly in case there was any change she happened to see. I was desperately hoping that the Volturi had somehow changed their minds and weren't coming. I wanted to believe that.

Edward, act normal, stop frowning. I know you're listening. I'm fine, Alice thinks to me. I could hear how tired she sounded in her thoughts. She hated how she destroyed Jasper.

I keep my eyes trained on Bella but I shake my head a centimetre to the left then to the right. No, I don't believe her at all. She isn't fine at all.

I quickly go around the room and listen to my family's thoughts to see what they are thinking.

Esme and Carlisle are focused on each other but they are still insanely worried about Jasper. They want to protect us all.

Rosalie and Emmett are thinking about the other. Emmett is furious at the Volturi and Rose is upset for her brother and sister.

Jacob is thinking about sleep but is also concerned about Renesmee. He doesn't want her hurt.

Jasper...wants Alice. He needs her. He's scared that the Volturi are coming and he wants her. Badly.

I squeeze Bella's shoulders until I can't take it anymore and I vamp beside her on the couch, wrapping my arms around her. I need to be close to her and my daughter.

The future could easily change.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Black

Jacob Black

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 6:15 pm

Edward's stench hits me as he vamps to the couch next to Bella suddenly. Even after years, it still gets to me. I blink, trying to clear my head of the sickly sweet smell.

Bella and I both run fingers gently through Nessie's long, bronze hair. She understands what's happening; she gets what we all get so far. The Volturi are coming to check on her progress. But it didn't add up to me. Why would those bloodsuckers come without a notice if they were just checking up? Something else has gotta be going on.

Ed, his arms wrapped tightly around his wife, slowly trains his eyes on me. I meet his eyes and feel my brow furrow deeper. I probably just got the wheels in his mind turning, if they weren't already (which is improbable).

I end the connection by looking down at Renesmee. She sleeps peacefully, her head in Bells's lap. Her hand is in one of hers, too. I wonder briefly what she's dreaming of.

Things are pretty damn awkward with shortie and the empath. I don't know why the hell she'd do that, and right now. She loves him so much, though. Must be to protect him. Gotta be. Only explanation.

My eyes grow heavy as I watch Nessie, her breath slow and steady and calming. I know I've got to sleep soon, but I'd do it here, by my imprintee's side. No way in absolute hell was I leaving her.

I turn my head slowly to check out the place around me. Damn, Jazz is broken. So is Alice. It's so obvious. The other two couples seem deep in thought, though they're in physical contact with each other in some way.

I turn back to the precious scene before me and Ed and Bells are just staring at each other. Their eyes flicker to Nessie and back. Then me and back. I slowly realize Bella's hand is now in Edward's. Huh, she must be showing him stuff or something.

I take advantage of that and slip my big hand into Nessie's soft, small one. Our skin contrasts in color and temperature. She's warm; not hot like me, though. I grin lazily once again at her pretty face before letting my head fall to the side, onto my arm that's supported by Bella's legs, next to Nessie's head of curls.

I watch her dream as my lids slowly close. The wolves are sleeping, too...good...I'm in her dream often. The entire family is, but specifically me and her parents. Alice and Jasper pop up too, with worries of what happened today (well, yesterday; it's after midnight).

We swirl in with various colors. It's bittersweet; family but worry. I'm almost knocked out completely when the Volturi appear...between that state of consciousness and unconsciousness. The scene happens so fast I can barely comprehend it when I wake with a short cry.

I can hear all heads whip to look in my direction. My heart is pounding as I put a hand to where it is, trying to calm myself down.

"Jacob?" Bella says softly and puts a hand on my shoulder, as I'm right at her feet. I shiver slightly, not from the temp but the scare I just got. "Just a nightmare," I say very quietly, breath out of me.

"Did you see that?" I ask as I recover and turn to Edward, eyes wide. He nods stiffly, pressing his lips into a tight line. "I'm sorry you had to see that, Jacob. And I'm sorry she had to experience it." He looks at his daughter sympathetically, reaching across Bella to run his fingers across her forehead lightly.

"What is it?" Blondie asks, concerned. I'm even more surprised by the fact she spoke up first, and actually...cares? Nah, not about me seeing the short but explicit nightmare; she cares about Nes having it, though.

I replay the scene in my head as Edward explains it to his confused family. My form was switching blindingly from wolf to human as I lunged toward their leader, Aro. Finally when he decided to strike, I was a shapeshifter. It went fast, but I saw- he grabbed my snout and swung me around, wrapped his arms around my russet torso, and squeezed, my painful whines piercing the air.

I feel my heart speed up again for a moment as I relive it, and shut my eyes. Edward has quit talking. I wasn't even listening. I feel another hand replace the one that was originally on my shoulder. It's firmer...not a woman's touch.

I glance up, blinking away a bit of dampness, and see my suspicion is proven right- Edward Cullen is comforting me.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Admin
Alice Cullen

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 1:46 am

I stare straight ahead, resisting the urge to look over at Jasper. I fight it. Hard. I mentally tell Edward that I'm fine and to stop being paranoid.

After I had sobbed out in the woods, I went on a hunt and returned later in the evening to find the family in the living room. I had vamped to the stairs and stayed there, knees pulled up and arms wrapped around them.

My eyes watch Edward vamp to Bella's side. I don't blink. I'm a frozen statue. I'm not going to tell my brother anything in my thoughts. Nothing. I bunch my hands into fists.

My eyes watch Jacob fall asleep and then he cries out. I flick through the future before Edward speaks of the nightmare the wolf had. I can't see the wolves so I don't know if Jacob just had his own future told to him through a dream or if it would be false. I hoped, for Renesmee's sake, that it would be false.

I watch my brother reach over to comfort the mutt. Surprising.

After that, we sit in silence. Jacob finally falls asleep and the rest of us stay still. Not needing to move. Bella leans into Edward, Rosalie curls against Emmett's chest, Esme and Carlisle stand near the entrance of the kitchen. Jasper stands near the window and I'm still on the stairs. I feel lost. I feel as though I cut out a piece of my heart and stomped on it. My soul has been ripped in half. I hate doing this but I will push those feelings aside. I will feel nothing. I am determined to.

My jaw clenches, ever so slightly, and I finally, after hours, blink. I keep my gaze fixed on the floor, not looking at anyone. Hours pass. We are silent. Only a few words are passed between the mates.

Finally, the light of dawn begins to shine into the living room.

"Just a few more hours," I say in a whisper and then I go back to holding my breath. Nobody moves.
Back to top Go down
Emmett Cullen

Emmett Cullen

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 11:29 pm

It's official, I am really sick of the Volturi. And them trying to tear my family apart. Seriously, are we celebrities that they should gossip about? Yes, we are quite big and most of us are gifted plus we have the wolves on our side, we may look like a threat to them but they know we won't go against them, so why bother pushing us to fight them? Ugh.

My brother, Jasper, is torn into pieces. My sister, Alice, is too. Oh wait, we all got our hearts broken and credits to the Volturi.

I took the chance to look at each one of us while playing with Rose's hand as she rests her head on my chest.

Jacob, even if he just got shaken up by his nightmare, is now fast asleep. Edward, Bella, and Renesmee are wrapped together, looking at Renesmee sleep and glancing at Jake once in a while. Esme wrapped with Carlisle's arms as they stand near the kitchen. Jasper, sigh , waits near the window. While Alice is as heart broken as Jasper is, sits on the stairs, waiting. Well, we all are waiting.

"Just a few more hours." Alice whispered. Jake's still asleep and so is Renesmee, and the rest remained still.
A few minutes passed and I turned my head to face Alice, her knees curled up to her chest, staring at the floor. She looks like a little girl who lost her favorite teddy bear somewhere, her heart broken and sad. I think she sensed me looking at her and she raised her head a bit to look at me. She shot me a comforting smile then went back into having a staring contest with the ground. I don't get why she's comforting me when it should be the other way around.

I looked away as she did, entwining my hand on Rosalie's. I want to talk to Alice just like before. Walk around the forest, sit on branches and talk about what's going on. Try to fix everything and letting each other understand the possible outcomes for this decision and that.

I just want everything to be back in place. Alice and Jasper, cheerfully in each other's arms. Edward, Bella, Renesmee, and Jacob getting along with huge smiles plastered on their faces. Carlisle and Esme not worrying about anything. Rosalie, happily by my side, smiling all the way, beauty shining up, no creases on her forehead. Just everything, back to being perfect.

Guess we'll know how things will work out after a few hours. Time is ticking, running even.

Tick.Tock.
Back to top Go down
Bella Cullen
Admin
Bella Cullen

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 4:22 pm

Renesmee is calm after having such a nightmare. I shouldn't be surprised; she's a calm and understanding, and brave girl. She shifts her weight to the left, inward to the couch.

Jacob is fast asleep again, sharing my lap with my daughter. I sink my back deeper into Edward, and he tightens his hold around me, and leans to kiss my shoulder. We stare at Renesmee together.

The night passes both slowly and quickly, simultaneously. The wolves' steady breathing is calming from outside. Looks are passed- between Edward and Emmett, Emmett and Alice, then Alice to me, me to Esme, Esme to Rosalie. Edward to Carlisle, Alice to Edward. There are many to Edward. Of course.

A flicker of a worried glance at Jasper. A hopeful but slight upturn of the mouth to a sleeping Nessie. A look of admiration to me. My solid irises of thought soften as I meet my mate's eyes.

"Are you doing okay?" I whisper to Edward, careful not to break the tense silence too much as I run my hand through his hair and down his neck. I can't imagine what he's been hearing for hours on end in everyone's busy minds. A strong desire to comfort my husband flares inside me. I want to take his mind-reading ability away from him, to give him a break, or massage his head.

To my surprise, he grins. It's small and inconspicuous- so much that I guarantee if I were looking through my human eyes, he would have just been scowling. But it's there. He nods a few times. "I'm fine."

No one is fine, yet truth rings in his gentle words. I don't understand it. I decide to admire it anyway. Edward has hope.

Emmett swallows, fiddling with Rosalie's hand in his. The clock in the kitchen ticks audibly. A digital clock in the living room continues to a new hour. 5 a.m.

Carlisle inhales deeply, as if he is in need of a breath. Alice's eyes flutter to Jasper (the first time I've seen her do since her decision to... let him go), but return to the floor in less than a millisecond. Still, she grins to herself. A small one, like how Edward's was.

A foot taps. It's Jasper. He's been a statue, staring out the window into the woods or at the wolves, his back to us. He taps it again, coming to life. I wonder if that entire time, he felt anyone's emotions or simply blocked us all out. If he did, I doubt he blocked out Alice's.

Another tap of his foot. My brow furrows. Yawning suddenly breaks the silence- the loud whine of a wolf. Dawn begins to gradually break, light slowly filling the house. Now it's me who sucks in a breath. Edward's hands find my shoulders and squeeze.

Renesmee rolls onto her back again. She was very restless over the course of the night. Her big brown eyes are soon wide awake, staring up at me. Jacob's eyebrows pull together and apart, together and apart before he finally wakes up, dazed.

I swallow hard as I look around at my family. It's just about time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just Bad Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Bad Luck   Just Bad Luck Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Bad Luck
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You're like my personal brand of heroin.. :: The Roleplay :: Forks :: The Cullen's Place-
Jump to: